My Blog List

Thursday, July 29, 2010

CLASS | One Out Of The Blue

An interesting piece found it's way out of my pen and onto the page today.

I found myself interrupting my reading to start penning a piece that was a little unexpected in that it wasn't derived form homework or classes.

It was a short story about a woman observing her son and grand-daughter. The woman had died but she didn't quite seem to know it.

As the piece went on it became clear there was quite a bond between the woman and the girl.

They seemed to be all in the same room, but then the son left. The little girl had died and he was saying good-bye to her. The little girl stayed with her grandmother to comfort her.

Interesting. I don't know where that one came from but I enjoyed writing it 'cos again it was told in a way that reveals information very slowly and asks the reader to think a bit as they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment