My Blog List

Monday, July 26, 2010

TRAVEL | Flight - Name That Roadtrip Anthem Competition

Every road trip needs a travel anthem. Hard when you don't have an iPod and easy when you have inflight audio jukebox.

If you can guess the name of the song I've adopted as an anthem, I'll shout you lunch.

DISCLAIMER: winner may have to listen to endless anecdotes about Oxford!

The flight to Doha was not exactly full. Happy about that and had three seats to myself.

Took a while to work up the interest in the inflight entertainment due to fatigue but once I did I realised that I had a great opportunity to get my headspace wrapped around all things Brr-Itssh....'now wha' I mean, guv?

So I loaded up my inflight jukebox for a hardcore diet of the Kinks, Beatles, ray Davies, Elvis Costello, Madonna and Richard Ashcroft. And BritPop...gotta have BritPop - Blur, Oasis, Supergrass! I had Foo Fighters SO LOUD OK!!! I thought "surely dave and the boys can drown out the sound of the engines!?"

Whats that? You're saying back up a minute?

Well what about Madonna? haven't you heard 'Ray of Light'? hey - I'll take Madonna any day over Kylie 'cos lets face it....Kylie simply cannot sing no matter how many exotic dancers she has writhing about her in every video.

And Madonna was married to Guy Ritchie. *SMACK* Take that Kylie fans.

Pretty soon I was leavin' it out guv, knockin' it on the 'ead wiv the ol' Bill, smashin' the Oinks and getting up to a right bit 'o Brr-ish knees-up .....2nd clarss of course.

1 comment:

  1. What's your favourite travel quote?”travel while you still look good in pictures.Flights To Douala

    ReplyDelete