My Blog List

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

POSTCARD | Bath - A Funny Place to Get A Bath Experience


Saturday was another day of touring - this time to Bath.

A larger group than that which travelled to Winchester journeyed by bus to Bath.

Hard to see much from the M4. Mostly lined with trees or hedge rows, as we came within 5 miles of the destination they fell away revealing sloping hills and livestock that appeared to be asleep.

Can't say I'd like to own a car in the UK. Every town has one way streets through its centre and traffic controls that leave the traffic flow reminding me of Canberra.

We were barely off the bus and trooping through the inner streets when the rain came down making progress slow and clothes wet.

So by the time we got to the Roman Baths, most people had had one. I'm not even going to apologise for that line. Worse still was the line to get in. It was just one bad line after another.

Queue's and me don't mix so once I was sure nobody wanted to join me I set out on my own interactive tour and made it up as I went along.

Best to leave the group and cover more territory so I don't miss out on anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment