My Blog List

Thursday, August 19, 2010

POST OXFORD | Leeds - Good Cop Vs Bad Cop

Didn't figure on spending a chunk of my Sunday shooting cross-bows and Gatlin guns at the Royal Amouries Museam!

But I did.

The shootin' match was underway when Good Sean fired six bolts at a target 5 metres away. That baby had a kick. Not so much that I couldn't aim straight. Did quite ok too.

Bad Sean wanted a go but I didn't let him so he had a sook.

We wandered around and had a good look at the Indian rebellion display re: 1857-59. Learnt something new there. Bad Sean kept sookin'.

Watched a live presentation where an actor came out to do a rendition of Jack Skeggs, an infamous executioner who stuffed up his last gig. Took him five shots with his axe to get the head off.

Still Bad Sean was sookin' something chronic. I almost sent him out to the car.

Then I got to the rifle range. So me an' Bad Sean had a shootin' contest.

I was edgin' him out until the last round and he whipped my proverbial by 98 to 78. Then he suddenly sparked up. Surprise, surprise.

I wanted to get some back so when we came upon the Gatlin Gun, it was a no holds barred affair. Unfortunately, neither of us could get a handle on how to actually aim at the target. Nil all was the result.

Final Score: Good Sean 1 Bad Sean 1

No comments:

Post a Comment