My Blog List

Thursday, August 19, 2010

POST OXFORD | London - Street Savvy Leaves Authorities Speechless

Y'know I wrote this headline in my notebook about 3 days ago and even I'm wondering what the bloody hell I am on about!

A dodged bus fare, dodgy 1st Class seat and a London Bobbie helps me dodge a bullet?

Ah yeah - it's all coming back like a dream sequence in a film you can't remember.

Heading to Cambridge early Tuesday to see Ash, I jumped on the trusty No 10 to Kings Cross. The driver looked like I'd caught him doing something naughty and was quite unprepared for me wanting to pay wiv a fiver.

In fact whether he spoke English was a point. Maybe he was related to my friend the driver in Oxford? Who knows. Anyway he sent me to my seat indicating I should come back.

When I returned, he looked more confused than before. He then used international sigh language for bus drivers to indicate "Sorry I am unable to assist you at this time - please do not worry about paying a fare on this occasion. Enjoy your day in Cambridge with your friend Ash".

So I did...

No comments:

Post a Comment