My Blog List

Thursday, August 19, 2010

POST OXFORD | London - Whose Line Is It Anyway?

Name that quote | "I can't stand Aussies, can't stand the bastards. But every time I meet one, I can't help but bloody likin' 'em!"

If you shrugged your shoulders, you wouldn't be alone. However if you were with me at the *INSERT NAME OF BRITISH PUB I HAD ME DINNER AT* and said 'Paul - the English guy' ... you'd be correct.

So all this came about as I feasted on a pint of Stella and a Big Ben Burger to celebrate my last day in the land of the Pom. Well it woulda been a pint of guinness except the lagers were off (and so was the snotty guy behind the bar who must've been off colour after the Paki's went ahead today on the 1st innings at The Oval).

But I snared a table and was soon joined by 3 Poms catching up for dinner at the pub: Gary, Paul and Eammon.

The funny thing was that Gary and Paul kept quoting lines from 'The Castle' at me. They loved the film. but they got all the lines wrong!

"'e's tryin to sell this Dad"

"'Ow much does 'e want Son?"

"$30 Dad"

"Tell 'im 'e's a joker!"

and

"'Ow's the serendipidy?"

It didn't matter really. I didn't think it really mattered and they had the gist of the jokes spot on anyway.

I left just as Paul was getting stuck into some American Air Hostesses and giving 'em a right ol' Brr-issshh wind-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment