My Blog List

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

STREET TALK | 2nd Class Leisure

Sometimes it's more about the known knowns than the unknown knowns.

Ok. So one thing is for sure. It's really hard to enjoy the coffee here.

The other day I asked for a weak latte. I got a cupful of black liquid burnt to a crisp.

The other thing is the live music scene here. There isn't one!!!!!

Last night I went down to check out the 'Live Acoustic Tuesdays!' at the Royal Oxford Hotel. It's about a ten minute walk and I had passed it the morning I arrived.

I'd been telling people about it. But when push came to shove there weren't any takers so I took off.

The venue is probably the least Brrr-Itssh of any pub you'll find in UK. It really belongs in Lygon St. The decor is that bad. They have no beers, lagers or bitter on tap. Bad sign.

But hell, I walked for ten minutes dammit!!!

No acoustic musicians. Bad sign. Fey looking piano player. Bad sign. So when he opened up with some baleful tune about the Jabberwocky I kinda figured that me and my Spanish beer were not going to be friends for very long.

I looked around at the throng that was all of 8 to 10 people and they seemed to be getting into it. Well they probably work with him and he's obviously a riot in the office so why wouldn't they?

Exit stage left.....

No comments:

Post a Comment