My Blog List

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

POSTCARD | Another One For The Boys

I found another shop that will make your eyes water and your tummy gurgle with anticipation.

For Bardyn, Oscar, Fergus and Finton I have found the best shop in Oxford- again.

They make pies!!

There was a sign in the shop that made me giggle but I will tell you about that later.

So what did I have for lunch? I decided to have a big lamb pie. The lady put it on a big, white plate and asked me if I wanted mashed potato. I said yes. Then she made a bed for the pie with the mashed potato, all white and fluffy.

Then she asked if I wanted peas. Please, yes please I said. I like peas. So she dropped a ladle into a dark pot and out came the greenest peas that ever pleased me. Then I sneezed.

Would you like gravy too, she said. Yes please give me some wavey gravey. And there was so much gravey it was like a swimming pool.

So you know what I did? I dived in!

It was delicious.

I said thanks to the lady and the man. I looked at the sign and it said "Keep calm, eat a pie". And I was so glad I did 'cos I felt very calm and very happy with my lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Uncle Sean,

    mmmmm yum, we love it !!

    Did the peas run away when you sneezed ??

    Love

    Bards and Oscar
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete