My Blog List

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

POSTCARD | Bath - Getting More Cultcha!

Next stop was a bit of a walk but on the way to Royal Crescent I found the RedTag Art Gallery.

A relief scale model at the Building of Bath Museum had a neat (sorry, Yanks are beginning to influence my vernacular) display that you could press a button and a spotlight would highlight the spot you wanted to see. The model was as big as Gerry's garage at Haig Street.

Using my super-powers of memory and legs, I found Kings Circus easily enough. I took my time and spent a good 20 minutes lapping up the view from various points. Naturally the hordes of tourists arrived in D-Day like waves, setting up beach-heads on the grass under the big, big, big (they were pretty BIG!) trees.

As I entered the street which was kind of a mini-high street, I spied a real estate agent window. So today I'm starting a housing fund. If you would like to contribute to the £1.195M kitty, that would be much appreciated!

Next to that was the redTag Gallery.

Can I help you, she asked.

Nah, she's right. jus' gettin' a bita cultcha!!

Moving on....

Hit Royal Crescent and have to be honest. Suitably impressed. Word is a rock star or two now live there and why wouldn't you? It's pretty spiffy and imagine all the TV's you can chuck out those enourmous windows. From 5 floors.

What most impressed though was that the local tourism game wasn't milking the place dry by having tour buses run through the area and there was not a hot dog stand or tacky postcard caravan to be seen. Thumbs up for class with a capital 'C' my english Pommy friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment